2001 Durango 4x4 4.7 AC/Heat stuck in defrost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted over in Durango forums but no help. Have 2001 Durango it does blow cold AC and heat but is stuck in defrost. No other modes work. Air does blow out rear seats vents located on roof. I hade swapped out mode door motors on other vehicles but it seems for this year it is vacuume based? Really don’t know how that works, couldn’t find a diagram and don’t know really how to troubleshoot. I know to look for cracked/broken hoses but I’m hoping it’s not like how wiring is and is a rats nest lol. Anyone have a vacuum diagram and what ones specifically control/effect the modes?

OP
OP
B

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish it was as simple as just replacing a mode door motor and that is all I really find online as far as videos and stuff which of course applies to later years but not 2001 and earlier where it’s vacuum based.

OP
OP
B

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so to find out depending on if you have dual climate control or not you have either three(dual climate) or two blend door actuators(Dorman 604-003). One controls the heat/ac. Other controls the modes, and other controls the dual climate. All same part(Dorman 604-003) which is what threw me off is there is conflicting information out there whether my year uses the vacuum hoses for control or in this case blend door actuators. Found a really good video out there which was the exact same setup that I had. All three relatively easy to get to and are pretty close to one another.