2001 Ram 2500, 360 Magnum, with 34.5k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ampace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.7
New here! So, I just found an old Dodge that belonged to the City of Houston all its life. I don't know much about the specific history of the vehicle, but evidently it was one in a fleet that they just didn't drive much. It has a fresh repaint (which isn't the best quality, but oh well), new grill, new headlamps and markers. It's the bare bones model, no bells or whistles. The best part, it has fewer than 35 thousand miles. It was pretty clean, but I'm going the extra mile with the cleaning. No drive train noises to speak of, but I'm still learning what to listen for. Transmission seems very strong, though there is a soft whine when I put it into reverse. Fluid is full.

No other big issues to speak of, but there are a few things that are the result of neglect. The upper ball joints are no good, no surprise there, and they've never been switched out with the bolt ons. I get to cut the rivets off. I'm also pricing out carpet to replace the vinyl floors, leather seat skins, headers, and exhaust. Eventually I'll probably change out to a new set of wheels and tires, but I'm kinda enjoying the old school OEM look with the beauty rings. You just don't see that kind of thing anymore, and it's nice to remember how things used to be.

The dash is starting to show signs of cracking, so that will need to be tended to soon. The truck has a tape deck, and I don't have any tapes. Also, there's a dead mosquito stuck inside the gauge cluster. Lots of minor little irritations, but solving those things is part of the fun.

I had a '95 1500 twenty five years ago, but I had to sell it. I've wanted it back ever since. It feels great to finally be back with a Dodge truck!

BTW, please feel free to give me any pointers on what I need to look out for. I'd love to hear what you guys think. Thanks for looking. :wave:

Attachments

• IMG_1673.jpg
    IMG_1673.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1675.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 9

Daw14

Reaction score