2001 Ram won't Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ByeByeBluesRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
My #1st Dodge Truck caught fire just after new years this year. My finances haven't been, well haven't been here lately. For some time now. The Memphis Blues they say. Hell I just said it. Memphis as can be. It's been junk yard after junk yard. Patching up my new truck. I've always admired the RAM since Gen 1. Then the Gen 2 when it came out which is what I got. I've had to replace all plastics and wires on everything on top side of all things from front to back of the engine and transmission including wires. I had to boscht in 2 harnesses to make one good solid wiring harness. Never have I done this before and not a mechanic as in working on machines for a living. Love to drive and respect the machines. I grew up always had to work on my own stuff. I'm more of a parts changer. However would love to have been all knowledgeable. I'm more of an abstract artist, painter by trade and certs. My name is Chris or ByeByeBluesRam here new to the forum. Any forum ever actually.

I've "replaced" complete engine bay wiring down to 02'synsors throughout fuel rail injectors fuel rails and rails. All click locking plugs fit together with the exception of one or two via Heat from fire. Truck will Crank but not start. Crank sensor replaced with wiring snapped into wiring harness, replaced distributor cap rotor cam sensor and wires to cylinder plugs. Not plugs though. Replaced transmission and throttle cables. All three plastic pieces at throttle body intake to be able to click into harness. Writing harness botched (mended together) below on lower piece guess down to transmission over to fuel rail ( It's replaced to)
Does the ECU have a neutral safety being of the same color as something else? I left a like length on the harness to be sure it's not too short. Had extra some the same color wires and soldered then all together (figuring they went together)
Have I messed up going so?
Or am I ok? Did my ECU fry from fire? Why everything else is working except power Windows (didn't work before for, separate harness I'd think) and starting up and running. Also noticed the security relay in my under the hood fuse box... It has power on a different switch leg at the box 37(5) to the relay. Where everything else powers at the box for 30(3) relay switch leg. Makes me wonder if the ECM has triggered security preventing it from starting up? And if so how can I inexpensively fix this? Helping Please!
I'm drowning in the Blues

Attachments

• IMG_20221113_183021681.jpg
    IMG_20221113_183021681.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 3

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the forum.

Post your question in the 2nd generation section and you will get some help.

Red

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to the forum.

Post your question in the 2nd generation section and you will get some help.

Red
Better yet, I moved it over to 2nd Gen.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Now how do I get there
You are there, you replied to my post. For general reference, all the Forums and sub-Forums can be seen by clicking on the Forums link toward the top left of most pages.