2002 1500 4.7 quad cab - list of issues curious best guess at total repair cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WolfeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Idle rpm goes up and back down - i think O2 sensors or TPS ?
Chugs / skips / slow acceleration - probably from same issue as idling O2 or TPS - may just get entire fuel injection system checked out can't hurt
Shakes hard when braking - assume this is just front brake pads and rotors
Loose steering - steering column
Loud whirring noise gets louder faster you go from under center of truck - wheel differential or pinion bearing issue it's definitely a bearing it gets louder with higher mph and keeps going when let off gas

Total Estimate cost to get this all fixed at a repair shop?

just bought it recently and knew there were issues but got a deal on it only 140k miles, engine sounds good, body and interior in excellent shape. just needs some loving and hoping it doesn't double cost what i paid for it.

TIA

Ellamay_the05v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum v8
I couldnt tell you the cost of what it would take to fix it but if you know whats wrong with it and you have the time then id order the parts and replace em myself and maybe have a buddy come over and help. also a little bit of youtube can help with the instalation process. Also my grandpas truck shakes real bad when braking and his problem was the tie rods but hes got a 05 chevy

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With that list of issues and without actually diagnosing it nobody can tell you what it will cost to fix it. There could be multiple causes for each issue you mentioned. I don't know your mechanical abilities but start with one at a time so you aren't overwhelmed with a $2500 bill