2002 2500HD Lighting issue..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Slick69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 2500HD
Engine
5.9l gas
Just recently my cab lights, tail lights, license plate lights, parking lights, instrument panel lights quit working. So, I looked at fuse panel inside of cab, at far left side of dash. All fuses there were intact, no blown fuses. Went to engine compartment and checked fuses there and found the fuse (15A) for instrument/parking lights was blown. So, I replaced it while lights were set to be on, she blew the replacement 15A fuse immediately. So, could this be a problem with the headlight/interior dash control switch located at far left side of dash. Several months ago it got very hot but no noticeable problem or issue from that was noticed,.....with anything. My thinking is if this switch is bad, then wouldn't headlights fail to turn on? Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
19Slick69

19Slick69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 2500HD
Engine
5.9l gas
Thank you. I was beginning to think this was an abandoned website....where old dodges go to die. No answers. I found a boneyard replacement.... its worked so far. However, I took ALL effected lights out, cleaned contacts, put electrical paste in every connection, including instrument cluster panel. The only item of interest was cargo light. It did have a little bit of water in housing, but no water in the harness connection. But I pasted that connection up as well. All works now, so far so good. Thanks for the answer.