2002 Gen 2 Ram 2500 Turbochargers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motovate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 2500 8'bed
Engine
Diesel
I looked but I could not see anywhere to do a search. So here goes - It's probably just another Turbo Question!

I'm pretty sure there is a difference between stock turbochargers on Automatic and Manual engines. I think the manual is larger???? What are the different spec's between Automatic and Manual shift Turbos? I have an Automatic. I'm not looking to go and spend a bunch of cash but I would like the Turbo to spool up quicker. I believe the Manual Turbo will just bolt on replacing the Auto Turbo using the existing intake manifold - is this correct?? Is there a bolt on - no fab or extras required other then stock turbo that will fit that purpose in the $400-$500 range???

Any info appreciated.

LBM

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Someone may chime in, but you're more likely to get the answers you are looking for on a Cummins specific forum. Most of the active users here have gassers.

EddieR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002, 2018
Engine
5.9 Cummins, 6.7 Cummins
I think the HY35 is for auto, and HX35 is for manual. The HY35 apparently has a smaller exhaust housing.