2002 Ram 1500 4x4 - BOUNCY and Jarring ride - even with all new parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Travelin- it feels (in my butt) to have a rediculous stiff front , and bouncy rear. Hard to tell , but it will make your thigh fat jiggle while cruising on the 15 as the lane has grooves.

Why can I imagine this vividly....

PhilW55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 5.9
I'm trying not to...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I think the body lift was done to avoid playing with the syspention

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
I agree, except- the OP has a problem. A body lift won’t make a stiff ride, so...
There’s just no way to know what previous owners may have done to achieve their goals. Maybe someone set it up to carry a slide in camper.

Might want to find part numbers on the springs and torsion bars and see if they’re original?

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bolts on lower A arms look new. Maybe someone torqued them while jacked up instead of on the ground. That would preload them.

OP
OP
M

MrMagoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It appears a moderator moved this post back to "exterior" - so we will probably not get any new discussion.
When posted in "Exterior" , only 1 person responded. Probably because ride issues are not exterior, and it is a very odd category to be discussing ride quality.

So a moderator merged the correct new post in "General Discussion" with the dead post in "exterior", and left it in "exterior".

I was thinking about posting my 408 stroker build thread, as it goes in here in a few weeks, but it might get moved to "Audio and Electronics" at this rate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel