2003, SLT no backup lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rspeer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I've replaced the bulbs, fuse and still nothing. I can't find anything in any of my books that says where the switch that turns on the backup lights is located on an automatic transmission. Does anyone know if it's the same as the Manual transmission switch?

Drifterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I am having the same issue. Every time I search for backup switch I get information on replacing or upgrading LIGHTS. Why can't search engine give information on what I asked for instead of a bunch of useless information. Ideas anyone?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am having the same issue. Every time I search for backup switch I get information on replacing or upgrading LIGHTS. Why can't search engine give information on what I asked for instead of a bunch of useless information. Ideas anyone?
I'd fancy your issue is likely very different as you appear to have a 2018, the OP has a 2003.

Perhaps try using different keywords, like "Reverse Lights" in quotations so it will only bring up posts with that exact phrase.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've replaced the bulbs, fuse and still nothing. I can't find anything in any of my books that says where the switch that turns on the backup lights is located on an automatic transmission. Does anyone know if it's the same as the Manual transmission switch?
For your transmission the Transmission Range Switch, or TRS, is located on top of the valve body and is integral to the Solenoid Pack.

You need to determine if you have power and ground at the reverse lights when the shift lever is in the reverse position. Set the parking brake and place the shift lever in Reverse and use a DVOM to test for power and ground at the reverse lamp and at the connector for the circuit boards.

If you do not have any power at the circuit board connector then love to the solenoid pack connector and test for power at the trans. You can grab a PDF of the Factory Service Manual from the 3rd Gen DIY forum and look at the wiring and connector pinouts for the circuit boards and the solenoid pack connector.