2004 1500 2WD Hemi Crew Cab Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nearly Mad Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good morning from this side of the pond!

I've had the Dodge for a year now, wondering what to do wth it and I think I've worked out what I want:
  • Improve handling when loaded. The truck will have 2 motorbikes on board when we go to European rallies so I need to improve the suspension to deal with the weight. We went on a camping trip last week with the truck loaded and it handled like a 3legged donkey on a trampoline.
  • Lower the truck and loose the side steps. I was thinking a 2/4 lowering kit.
  • Put some larger wheels on the truck. I'm half thinking about oversizing the rears hot rod style and using mopar steels.

Any ideas would really help on this!

If it was a 4x4, life would be a doddle as I'm used to lifting UK trucks to race but this is the first Dodge I've owned and the first 2WD I've tried to play with, so this is a bit new to me.

Thank you in advance!

Mike

ric3xrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
did you convert it over to 2 wheel or did you buy it converted? does it have the torsion bars or were the lower control arms swap out for 4x2
I like the Mopar Steels Idea especially on Brighter color trucks.
A 2/4 drop should be fine, heavy duty rear springs mi be in order also.