2004 Dodge ram 3500 5.9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldslover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have this weird situation in upstate N.Y. where my truck, when its cold starts right up and then acts like its running out of fuel and sometimes does stall out. It will start right back up and run perfect all day until recently where I noticed a slight hesitation on leaving a red light and other times of slight hesitation. Any clues as to what to look at for this issue? Obviously a fuel issue but no codes. On warmer days like 60 plus, the starting problem is gone.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have this weird situation in upstate N.Y. where my truck, when its cold starts right up and then acts like its running out of fuel and sometimes does stall out. It will start right back up and run perfect all day until recently where I noticed a slight hesitation on leaving a red light and other times of slight hesitation. Any clues as to what to look at for this issue? Obviously a fuel issue but no codes. On warmer days like 60 plus, the starting problem is gone.

Get some Lucas fuel additive to clean the injectors. Drain the water filter. Change the fuel filter as well

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Drain your water separator into a clear bottle and let it sit to see if debris or water settles out. On my '05 I could slip a water bottle(dried out)over the outlet and balance it on the drag link.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye