2004 Door wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisfromwa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,
My wife has a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500, that she bought used a while back.
She mentioned to me that the door locks have never worked, so I finally decided to take a look. I had thought maybe the actuators were bad or something like that.

But when I took the door panels off, I about died when I saw the hack job that someone had done to this truck.

Drivers side:
All sorts of cut wires, and what appears to be a whole harness missing. I think it's for the power mirrors, but I can't find any wires running up to those mirrors. Did these trucks come without power mirrors? I'm wondering if someone swapped the switch?

Passenger side:
Same thing, wires all spliced together.

I believe the person who did this, maybe tried to put in an alarm and wire the locks to that. but for some reason cut the wires, and ran new wires to the alarm. I mean this is a mess that I need to figure out.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the doors?
Does anyone know if there were 2 different switches one with power mirrors and one without? If there were, could explain why I seem to be missing a connector.

Dodge-door.jpg

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Not sure what you've got going on with your truck, but just a side note-these 3rd generation trucks have a serious wiring problem where it runs into the doors. I had to rewire mine (locks quit) and discovered a prior hack job. Most of the wires were color coordinated which helped, but it's still a pain in the ****. BTW-Laramie editions came with power mirrors.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956