2004 Ram 1500 4x4 no defrost or floor... maybe no a/c?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericfx1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500... 198k miles, honestly runs wonderful

But no matter what I do with the vent controls (floor, defrost , dash). I only get air out of the dash... it is nice hot air

I shined a flashlight into the floor vent on the passenger side and you can see the door try to move up, but then fall right back down a second later

I tried propping it door open with a long wooden dowel... that did nothing... still only got air from the dash

Also I tested the A/C but the compressor never kicked on? My buddy suggested that it was because it was only 42 F outside... but I figured it would still kick on...

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like you have a busted blend door. It should still kick on no matter the outside temp or what temp setting you have it on (A/C comp is tied in to the defroster as well).

OP
OP
ericfx1984

ericfx1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK that gives me something to look too… I may have to get out my air conditioner gauges to fix the AC, I guess I could wait till it gets a little warmer outside maybe a month or two

Sounds like you have a busted blend door. It should still kick on no matter the outside temp or what temp setting you have it on (A/C comp is tied in to the defroster as well).

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Forgot to ask, did the condenser fan kick on when you turned the A/C on?
Fair warning, the blend door is gonna suck lol.