2004 Ram 4.7 will not start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thomas1205

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
The engine cranks but no fuel is getting to engine. I recently replaced the timing chains, chain tensioner, and chain guides. While disassembling the engine, I disconnected the hoses from the EVAP purge solenoid. Also disconnected vacuum tube from brake booster etc to gain access to valve cover. After finishing assembly, the truck fired up and ran great for 2 days. The next day I get in to leave and it won’t start. So I opened the hood and noticed 2 plastic tubes were severed at the exhaust manifold clamp on driver side. One tube was from the purge selenoid going back to fuel tank and the other tube is a larger diameter, but I have no idea where this tube goes! I know it comes from the fuel canister filter at front of fuel tank. I’ve looked all over the intake manifold for a connection. Fuel pump relay is energizing when key turned on. Checked all fuses.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The engine cranks but no fuel is getting to engine. I recently replaced the timing chains, chain tensioner, and chain guides. While disassembling the engine, I disconnected the hoses from the EVAP purge solenoid. Also disconnected vacuum tube from brake booster etc to gain access to valve cover. After finishing assembly, the truck fired up and ran great for 2 days. The next day I get in to leave and it won’t start. So I opened the hood and noticed 2 plastic tubes were severed at the exhaust manifold clamp on driver side. One tube was from the purge selenoid going back to fuel tank and the other tube is a larger diameter, but I have no idea where this tube goes! I know it comes from the fuel canister filter at front of fuel tank. I’ve looked all over the intake manifold for a connection. Fuel pump relay is energizing when key turned on. Checked all fuses.
Take a pic of the lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

thomas1205

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
This is looking from front of tank. I added arrows to tubes that were melted on the exhaust manifold clamp.

5EA0CBB4-0FEF-4A26-813B-2FFAF388A25D.jpeg

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is looking from front of tank. I added arrows to tubes that were melted on the exhaust manifold clamp.

View attachment 134683
Well it looks a little different than mine but for me, the larger hose is actually capped off right behind the cylinder head. The smaller one goes to the purge solenoid.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
d37ef41346ddab0cc9c238f531122860.jpg

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I could be wrong but I thought that problems with the evap system wouldn’t cause a no start condition.