2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 4.7L to crate 5.7L swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rgraham190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Looking to see if it has been done list of thing I need I know motor, and all supporting parts for the 5.7L alternator, power steering pump, A/C compressor, motor mounts,full exhaust, computer, wiring harness. My question is what am I not thinking any adapters I have to get for the trans or will it bolt up with no issues any suggestions maybe if somebody has done this do you have a parts list tips tricks a price on how much it cost any details I could get would be awesome.

Thanks In advance.

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Rgraham190 - if you search the forum for "hemi swap", you'll find a lot of threads regarding this. Here's an example:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
@Rgraham190 - if you search the forum for "hemi swap", you'll find a lot of threads regarding this. Here's an example:

@Rgraham190 as he said, do a read through. All over other forums and Google too. Then see if you still want to or think you can do it. Most projects like this get started, person realizes they're in over their head and either have to take it to a custom shop or end up selling it before it's done.

OP
OP
R

Rgraham190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I want to I’m very interested in getting into it like I said I’m just trying to get my ducks in a row before I start it I would like to do a crate motor start off brand new fresh and make it all happen from there like I said I’m just trying to see if anybody has a list and prices total cost

OP
OP
R

Rgraham190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
So from what I’m reading some things are a little confusing will I need a new ecu and pcm programmed or just the pcm