2005 hemi- misfire - no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoAlternative8188

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hey guys - I just bought this 2005 1500 Hemi 5.7 with 186k. The truck ran fine about 2 weeks ago. The original owner had a cherry bomb exhaust on the truck so I cut it off and since then it has developed this issue. I tried starting it the other day with no exhaust on it and now it runs like crap. It misfires, has no throttle response and will occasionally stall. I can smell fuel as well so it's definitely running rich.

The codes are
p0202
p0203
p0208
p2323

When I first bought it, it only had codes p0137 and p0157. The owner said It most likely needed o2 sensors and maybe cats, which I was planning on changing on my own.

However I'm not sure where to start with this issue. It's been a while since I've dove into an engine like this so any advice on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Besides the old exhaust the truck is stock.

Here's a video of it running.. barely

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The first 3 are injector 1, 3, and 8 malfunctions and the last is a failure of coil 8. Check your harness for breaks and rubs on those wires. That or Fievel found those wires rather tasty.

The P0137 and P0157 are post-cat open circuit codes, so I'm guessing you have no catalytic converters. You are going to run rich because the PCM is not receiving any data from the post-cat O2 sensors.

OP
OP
N

NoAlternative8188

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks for your feedback. I dove into the truck the other night and found an issue to start with! Looks like Fieval was living like a King.
The Throttle boddy wires are chewed badly and I do not have a photo however the main wiring harness that feeds all coils/plugs has been chewed at the main connection. (will post a photo later)
How would you recommend fixing this? Replacing the whole wire harness with a used one? If so do you have any clue where I could find one? Maybe a junk yard

As far as the cats go... the truck does have cats installed. Not sure where to go from there. Maybe new o2 sensors, or would I need to just replace the cats altogether?

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
N

NoAlternative8188

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
update incase anyone else runs into a similar issue... I replaced the wire harness, and the throttle body itself was shot. Also changed the intake gaskets which were worn. Truck runs like a charm.

Just need to fix the o2 sensor now.