2005 ram 1500 blower motor keeps blowing fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domb2011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
all,
i have read through many forums and nothing has worked out yet. everytime i replace the fuse #4 40amp for the ignition-blower motor, it blows. i installed a jumper in place of the fuse and checked with an amp-clamp and found it to be running around 48-55 amps. i found online that the ignition switch commonly burns up and cause a short, replaced it and didnt fix the issue. i replaced the resistor because the ceramic fell apart as i was removing it to check it out, still didnt fix it. replaced the blower motor itself because i thought that the bearings started going bad causing the excess amperage, still didnt fix the issue

my next best bet is to pull the dash out and check for shorted wiring, any other things to check before doing this?

one other thing that i am not sure if it is related or not but i keep getting a "light out" light that keeps turning on/off on the dash