2005 ram 1500 just bought a rough country 5 inch lift kit, going to install it next week any advice what wheel and tire combo will work best? Thanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilJeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi my truck has a 5.7 and is stock. I'm planning on installing the lift kit next week, I also got a banks power tuner , what wheels and tire size should I go? My friend says 33 inch because the hemi won't run very good with big tires. Also any advice before I install the lift would be awesome

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
35/12.50/20 on 20x10 wheel with a -19 offset. You are definitely going to have to change wheels because a stock wheel will not fit with that lift. As far as the 5.7 and turning larger tires with stock gears, every truck that you put larger than factory designed tires on are going to show some type of performance change not just a hemi. If you want larger tires with factory performance than a gear swap is in your future. On the lift, spray every nut and bolt with pb blaster two to three days before you start. The lift is not that hard to install, its a straight bolt on without any templates and cutting. Dropping the front diff and putting in the brackets is the most difficult process. Its not hard, just cumbersome. Putting the new knuckles on can be a pita. One tip is to put the bottom ball joint in first and get a couple of threads on it, because next you need to lines up the cv into the hub all while pushing the top of the knuckle over far enough to get the upper control arm locked in place. And remember DO NOT TIGHTEN UP ANYTHING AS YOU GO. make it snug then go back and torque it all down when the truck is on the ground. You will need a torsion bar removal kit. I rented mine from Auto Zone and actually kept it. Just follow the instructions and you will be ok. I did not install my "kicker bars" because they were two inches short and talking to RC about it on the phone was a nightmare. You are dumb and they know everything. Read the instruction and then read them again. Lay your parts out and make damn sure they sent you the correct ones. Check and double check that you have the right stuff long before you crack your first bolt.