2006 ABS Module P5536635AE, do they need to be programed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NitroViper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just put a new ABS module on my truck because the old owner told me the wrong one was on there and the brake and ABS light are on. Well I ordered one, which was the same part number as the one on the truck. I put it in and the lights didnt go off.

Do I need to program this somehow? I cant seem to find any threads or info on it on google.

Thanks for any help!

OP
OP
N

NitroViper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
40 views and no one knows?

OP
OP
N

NitroViper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seriously no one knows? lol

I just changed the rear ABS speed sensor for giggles, that didnt fix the light.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Id suggest getting someone with an ABS capable code reader to pull the code before you go throwing parts at it. My ABS/Brake light was because of a faulty brake fluid level sensor. It would say the fluid was both high and low at the same time, turning on the light. I only figured it out because I pulled the code. Good luck.

OP
OP
N

NitroViper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Id suggest getting someone with an ABS capable code reader to pull the code before you go throwing parts at it. My ABS/Brake light was because of a faulty brake fluid level sensor. It would say the fluid was both high and low at the same time, turning on the light. I only figured it out because I pulled the code. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. Seems like no one else has any ideas. I scanned it today and it says something like vehicle communication mismatch