2006 ram 1500 mega cab rwd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek Blackwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dam fellas I can’t find any front end rebuild kits. I need upper and lower control arms, sway bar links, and tie rods. I can’t find any kits.

is it true I can look up 2500 parts and they should fit?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 2500 parts will be different. Try 1aauto for front end kits.

What 3/4-ton parts will be different, though? Aside from having pretty much the same half-ton rear leafs and maybe some little bit softer front coils, everything still should be roughly the same since the third-gen 1500 mega’s are pretty much built on the 2500 chassis.

But to the OP, I guess don’t totally take my word for it because the only thing I know about those half-ton mega cabs was back when I first started seeing them, I always wondered how in heck they could call that a half-ton because even all the way down to the solid front axle and the eight lug axle hubs, I was thinking how in the hell can they call that a half ton…

I was like, that’s pretty much a three-quarter ton truck with 1500 badges on the side… LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dam fellas I can’t find any front end rebuild kits. I need upper and lower control arms, sway bar links, and tie rods. I can’t find any kits.

is it true I can look up 2500 parts and they should fit?

But who knows, maybe that’s why you can’t find any parts is because maybe they are the same. Like I said to that other other guy- I don’t know for sure and I’ve never known anybody who’s had one so I can’t say exact but after the reading I just did, the only difference between your mega cab at a three-quarter ton mega cab is yours has the 1500 badge on the door of the other one’s got the 2500 badge on the door; and that your payload rating is slightly less than that of a 2500 MC.

Do a little bit of your own Googling. I’d post my results but I don’t really know exactly what this forum’s rules are against linking other discussions on other web forms but that’s where I found all my information from.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be sure to let us know what you find out. I never thought about the mega cab being different other than the cab.

I knew something was funky about them “halfton” megas not long after they came out, still sittin’ on the dealer’s lots. Aside from the obvious straight front axle and the higher ground clearance, they even had the same exact wheels and tires that the 2500’s came with. Lol. Well, I never took that close of a look at the tires but they were still the same stock five-spoke wheels that came OEM on the 3/4-tons.

TheLionAndTheRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all!
I'm new to this forum and to trucks in general. Sorry for hijacking your thread, Derek, but I'm at a loss.
I just picked up an 08 Mega 2500 2wd. The local shop is having a hard time locating drop kits for me. Should I just search for 1500 2wd kits instead?
I'm looking to drop the rear about 3" to get rid of that rake. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance, y'all

P.S. - How do I create my own posts so that I don't hijack someone else's?

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all!
I'm new to this forum and to trucks in general. Sorry for hijacking your thread, Derek, but I'm at a loss.
I just picked up an 08 Mega 2500 2wd. The local shop is having a hard time locating drop kits for me. Should I just search for 1500 2wd kits instead?
I'm looking to drop the rear about 3" to get rid of that rake. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance, y'all

P.S. - How do I create my own posts so that I don't hijack someone else's?

First off, welcome to the forum but man, I don’t really know that much about these “half”-ton Mega’s to really help since the only thing that I know of that sets these trucks apart from an actual three-quarter ton pick up is the transmission whereas everything else is the same as far as I know, except for the fact that there might be a special leafspring in the back that might be unique to the halfton mega but I don’t really know what to tell you to tell those people because I don’t think you have necessarily a genuine three-quarter ton leaf spring back there and I really don’t even think you have a genuine half-ton leafspring back there as well.

But I guess one thing you could do, if you know exactly what parts you’re looking to change, you could call up your local dealership and give them your Vin number and they may be able to tell you at least what your stock Mopar parts are that came on your truck at least that you could cross reference with to figure out which pieces you would need to find the right drop kit for being that you don’t necessarily have either truck; you have kind of an in between one… LOL.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The 3rd gen Mega 1500 has a hemi and different springs. The 1500 moniker is related to it's capabilities; everything else is 2500 underneath. The Mega 2500 has the full 2500 suspension and a Cummins. Nothing 1500 parts wise will fit your truck underneath.