2007 Front Door speakers crossed over?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony May

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2007 with 6X9's in the front door, 6.5" in the rear door, and 3.5" in the dash. It is a non navigational factory headunit. I heard that the 6x9's in the door were crossed over blocking the upper end treble. Is this true? If it is, where is the crossover? I want to replace the speakers but I do not want to have to run new speaker wire through the door jams.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 2007 with 6X9's in the front door, 6.5" in the rear door, and 3.5" in the dash. It is a non navigational factory headunit. I heard that the 6x9's in the door were crossed over blocking the upper end treble. Is this true? If it is, where is the crossover? I want to replace the speakers but I do not want to have to run new speaker wire through the door jams.
With the factory Infinity system in your truck the factory amp contains the crossover that sends only the bass and some mid-range signals to the front door speakers.

You can eliminate the factory amp and install your own. That way the front door speakers can carry more than just a bass signal.

OP
OP
T

Tony May

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It’s not an Infinity system but I believe you answered my question. Thank you for the help

OP
OP
T

Tony May

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks but I already have Alpine 6x9 components for the front door, Alpine 6.5" components for the rear door, Infinity Reference 3.5" for the dash, 2 Polk DB 12's, 2- Alpine MRV-M500 mono amps, 2- Alpine MRV-F305 4 channel amps, and a Kenwood Excelon DVD/ Navigational head unit. I also have a Audiocontrol DQDX EQ and an Audiocontrol Epicenter for the subs

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Oh, well then I guess you answered your own question, with all that, pulling new wires is a must :)