2007 headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racebikemike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have an 07 2500 and the headlights are freakin horrible. I’m looking to upgrade to some LEDs so I’m looking for a nice bright set that comes with the resistors needed (or the option to add) to fool the truck into thinking the halogen bulbs are still in there. I do not want to do a HID retrofit, I’ve already wasted a lot of time and money on that with very poor results

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Interesting. When I upgraded my 2007 headlights I went with HID, projectors and shrouds with great results.

Just putting HIDs in a reflector housing such as the stock OEM units did NOT work well.

LEDs will work but not with a stock reflector housing.

Good luck with your search.

Oh...my 3RD Gen Headlights before and after the upgrade:

09-07.JPG

09-23.JPG

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Interesting. When I upgraded my 2007 headlights I went with HID, projectors and shrouds with great results.

Just putting HIDs in a reflector housing such as the stock OEM units did NOT work well.

View attachment 246688

View attachment 246689
That is aproper retrofit! Good work. Nothing like the little douchbags running around with just hid bulbs in a reflector housing blinding everyone. I was young and stupid once and run hids that way back in the late 90s. I grew up and do it right now.

I have all my parts to start a retrofit on my 19 classic here as soon as i get some free time.

Currently running leds, bright, not too bad for glare, but there is some, nature of the beast. But nowhere near as good as the light outpout from a proper retrofit.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I did a similar retrofit for HIDs as MADDOG. This is my retrofitted lights compared to the Spec-D projectors headlights they replaced

3dec6709aade23ee94d785cd222e05bd.jpg

Light output on 35w H1s (the smallest and I assume least powerful HIDs you can get) was sooo much better than stock

The main issue with LEDs in standard headlights is that they’re really good at glaring to others down the road, and in my personal experience aren’t much better than halogens in terms of output. If you do go this route, if you have AlfaOBD you can probably skip out on the resistors entirely by changing “HID Equipped” to “set”. I believe that just disables the pulsing CAN-bus systems use to check for burned out lights and it won’t throw a lamp out message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Question: Maybe you know or don't, I am looking to retrofit a 3rd Gen headlight set (2005 the bubble style). Do these lights have an internal bezel like the 4th Gens or is all the chrome inside one piece?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine

View attachment 246688

View attachment 246689

What projector did you use?

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Question: Maybe you know or don't, I am looking to retrofit a 3rd Gen headlight set (2005 the bubble style). Do these lights have an internal bezel like the 4th Gens or is all the chrome inside one piece?

I guess I’m not sure what you’re meaning by a bezel, but at least on 2006-2008s the headlight can be broken down to 3 pieces— the clear lens, the back black housing + headlight bowl, and then the blinker bowl + chrome cover.

Unfortunately I don’t have a picture to really show them all, but all the chrome is on one piece EXCEPT the headlight bowl. It’s probably similar for the ‘02-05 headlights

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
Ok,
The 4th Gen quad headlights, have the black plastic headlight bucket (back part), the two chrome reflector bowls (high/Low beam), the chrome bezel/cover and then the lens.

Just wondering if it is similar to that, or if the inside chrome is all one piece.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Ok,
The 4th Gen quad headlights, have the black plastic headlight bucket (back part), the two chrome reflector bowls (high/Low beam), the chrome bezel/cover and then the lens.

Just wondering if it is similar to that, or if the inside chrome is all one piece.

Yeah it seems kinda similar. Basically everything chrome is attached to the chrome bezel aside from the headlight bowl

It isn’t the best picture, but this is my headlights without the lens and the chrome bezel. Just the headlight bowl

56e7952bd296b64e4f1c9c6077a1f37a.jpg

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
Yeah it seems kinda similar. Basically everything chrome is attached to the chrome bezel aside from the headlight bowl

It isn’t the best picture, but this is my headlights without the lens and the chrome bezel. Just the headlight bowl

56e7952bd296b64e4f1c9c6077a1f37a.jpg

That's good to know now. I want to take the OEM headlight and open them up and paint the inside satin black, but not the reflector bowl part of the headlight. Not to concerned about the turn signal part because with a good LED amber turn/park light, they show up very well.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
That's good to know now. I want to take the OEM headlight and open them up and paint the inside satin black, but not the reflector bowl part of the headlight. Not to concerned about the turn signal part because with a good LED amber turn/park light, they show up very well.

Yep that’ll be pretty easy to do. Just be sure and pop out the turn signal lens on the side of the bezel before you start painting—you don’t want to paint over that lol

Kerry Yushchyshyn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I just installed a set of AlphaRex Luxx. There is no comparison to the dismal OEM illumination.

My issue (started a thread) is I need to turn off the DRL (Canadian truck), so the low beams and high beam do not illuminate when the switch is off.

20210514_131009.jpg

Last edited: