2007 "REF" radio - How to reset?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gnossos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7:
2007 - 2500 with REF type radio/single cd player. The volume control is stuck on "0" for the am/fm radio, however it works for the CD player, so I don't think it is a physical issue. I think that some how the software is stuck "believing" that the engine was just turned on and locked the volume at "0". I think that is called a "Feature". ;)
Have disconnected fuse and waited 20 minutes. Radio starts up, clock is set to 12:00 (so far so good) but my preset channels are still there so I believe that there is some other trick to resetting the radio.

Going on a trip next week and don't want to be driving w/o radio. Thanks

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A full reset may mean you have to remove the unit from the dash and totally unplug it.

I'm assuming you've tried all the function & volume settings available and still have no volume on the radio portion of the head unit?

OP
OP
G

gnossos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7:
Thanks for your reply!

AFAIK, we have and can't clear/reset. I've switched to AUX and CD and can get the volume to work. It seems stuck in 'you-just-started-and-the-volume-is-set-to-off' mode.

Would unplugging both batteries as well as the fuse accomplish the same thing? Not sure how it is keeping the existing settings.