2008 1500 mega cab 5.7 Starting issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TARDISGUy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 MegaCab 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First post so sorry if this has already been discussed. 08 1500 mega cab 5.7 auto purchased Nov 2022. It has been having a starting issue that was intermittent at first but it became regular. It clicks and engages the flywheel but it doesn’t turn the motor. Acts like not enough power to actually crank. New alt, battery and belt in Nov 22 when engine was replaced (stock rebuild). New cables, new starter and battery load tested good this past weekend. All grounds were cleaned and connected. Also replaced the yellow wire fron the connector by the fire wall down to the starter. Did great past few days but it acted up again today going to lunch. I really like this truck but it’s hard to trust it when I have to hope it starts every time I get in. Ideas or something I missed? First dodge too so I’m still learning mopar. TIA!!

OP
OP
TARDISGUy

TARDISGUy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 MegaCab 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Follow up to this. Turns out the replacement cable had a bigger bolt hole so even though the nut was tight, it still didn't have very good connection. I sandwiched the cable end between two washers and retightened. I also put a wrap style heat shield on the starter and have not had anymore issues.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the follow up.makes this place work.