2008 1500 Stereo upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDL70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone vouch for or recommend a stereo that will both provide a well fitting easily switched faceplate for 2008 Dodge 1500 Laramie AND provide a better volume to the stock Infinity speaker setup ?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm looking to do the same. @HemiLonestar, do you have a link to this "Factory Mygig" whatsit? Thanks.
You can use any year MyGig, but you'll want the latest you can find that someone doesn't want too much money for. Look for the 730n. You will need the retrofit harness: https://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG_ADAPTER.htm (aftermarket part) for everything to work correctly but makes everything fully factory compatible (including steering wheel controls) and allows use of a backup camera if you want to install one. I did this to my 2005 Magnum:

Attachments

• IMAG4004.jpg
    IMAG4004.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 9

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can use any year MyGig, but you'll want the latest you can find that someone doesn't want too much money for. Look for the 730n. You will need the retrofit harness: https://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG_ADAPTER.htm (aftermarket part) for everything to work correctly but makes everything fully factory compatible (including steering wheel controls) and allows use of a backup camera if you want to install one. I did this to my 2005 Magnum:
Does it have bluetooth for streaming music.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Back in my 08 i installed a double din kenwood, yanked the factory amp, installed a jl audio mx600/3. That amp ran 2 jl audio 6x9s in front doors and a 12" alpine sub in rear, head unit ran 2 rear door 6x9s. Sounded great, much better then my 2016s factory alpine.