2008 6.7 cummins DPF Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danteb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hello.

So im planning on deleting my DPF on my 6.7 cummins from 2008.
In alot of DIY videos i see that all the linings and sensors on the exhaust is completely deleted aswell and strapped to the frame.
Im a bit confused due to if the car will run right without them?
Im quite new into diesels overall but i've always thought that even a diesel needs its CO2 sensors etc just like a petrol engine to run properly, tell me if im wrong!

Im planning on leaving the catalytic converter right after the turbo, the rest goes off.
What do i do with the pressurelinings and EGT sensors? I live in Sweden and have yearly MOT so only have to swapback to normal once a year if needed. Insurance company doesnt give a **** and theres no warranty anyway.

Thanks for answers!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you are going to go ahead with the DPF Delete you will have to have a tuner. There are several tuners on the market that are capable of DPF deletes and some that are not. If you do not have a tuner that is DPF delete capable the check engine light will be on all the time and it will default into engine derate to protect itself.

Also, the ECM uses the EGT and Oxygen Sensors as inputs so they need to be connected UNLESS you have a tuner. If you were to use the H&S Mini Maxx w/ DPF Delete Race Tune you would remove the EGT sensors and Oxygen Sensors as they would not be required.

There is plenty of information available about DPF Deletes and EGR/EGR Cooler deletes. Do some research and determine if you really want to go with the deletes and determine what your budget will be because if you cannot afford to purchase a tuner along with the delete kit then I would wait until your budget will allow it. You dont want to be stuck with a truck that is in engine derate and only able to run 30mph at best.

OP
OP
D

danteb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If you are going to go ahead with the DPF Delete you will have to have a tuner. There are several tuners on the market that are capable of DPF deletes and some that are not. If you do not have a tuner that is DPF delete capable the check engine light will be on all the time and it will default into engine derate to protect itself.

Also, the ECM uses the EGT and Oxygen Sensors as inputs so they need to be connected UNLESS you have a tuner. If you were to use the H&S Mini Maxx w/ DPF Delete Race Tune you would remove the EGT sensors and Oxygen Sensors as they would not be required.

There is plenty of information available about DPF Deletes and EGR/EGR Cooler deletes. Do some research and determine if you really want to go with the deletes and determine what your budget will be because if you cannot afford to purchase a tuner along with the delete kit then I would wait until your budget will allow it. You dont want to be stuck with a truck that is in engine derate and only able to run 30mph at best.

I do have a bully dogg tuner, there might be a function for the delete?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I do have a bully dogg tuner, there might be a function for the delete?
Which Bully Dog tuner do you have? Some of their tuners have delete tunes that you can purchase and unlock.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A delete tune package will handle those sensors but not all programmers have delete tunes.

The EGT I'd leave in place and use it with your tuner if you get one with a monitor like the Edge CTS-2.

OP
OP
D

danteb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Which Bully Dog tuner do you have? Some of their tuners have delete tunes that you can purchase and unlock.

I have the 40420 version.

So what happens if i lets say cut the DPF open, delete the filter and weld it back together?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the 40420 version.

So what happens if i lets say cut the DPF open, delete the filter and weld it back together?
The ECM will recognize that the DPF filters internals are missing. The Cummins ECM uses a Differential Pressure sensor to monitor exhaust flow through the filter. Once you remove the guts from the DPF, you will end up with a check engine light and the engine will eventually go into De-Rate.

My understanding is that the 40420 does not have DPF delete capabilities.