2008 alarm not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
I just bought a 2008 2500 Diesel and I can’t seem to get the alarm to work. It does have the red security light in the instrument cluster which lights when the key is turned to the on position. When the fob is used to lock the doors the horn will chirp but the security light in the instrument cluster will not light. The key in the drivers door will not lock all doors and the master lock switch on the drivers door will lock all doors but doesn’t chirp the horn or light the security light. I locked it with the fob while inside waited a couple of minutes and open the door and no alarm sounds. The FOB is the original Dodge transmitter, could it need to be reprogrammed. Any help would be great. Thanks

seanclark1503

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
Do you have a 2nd working key w/ fob ?
Or perhaps I should ask if you have 2 keys that start the truck and keep it running ? If you have 2 working keys, you can program a 3rd yourself, if not you’ll have to get a locksmith to program a key. Another question, are there any old keys or keys w/ a chip from another vehicle ? If so, the factory security system will detect a key not programmed to your truck but in the vicinity of the ignition as being the key that is in the ignition and then activates anti-theft protocol. I have gotten codes for wrong immobilizer key when I have other keys in my truck.

OP
OP
S

Snoop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
No I only have the one key but it came with a
I dial-start remote which locks, unlocks and starts the truck. Yes I have 2004 Ram as well and still won’t set the alarm when each truck is in a different location. I’m wondering if something got disconnected when the idial-start remote was installed. I would like to have the factory alarm working again if that possible.