2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newtododge2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys. I'm looking at getting into the Dodge diesel family for the first time. I'm looking at a 2008 Ram 3500 with the 6.7 and a Jasper transmission. O paperwork on the tranny. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much a transmission replacement with a Jasper unit would roughly cost if worse case scenario, the transmission fails. I don't have the VIN so I can't get an an estimate on Jaspers site. Any help will be appreciated.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
My opinion is do not buy a Cummins of that time frame. Early years of the 6.7 Cummins was trying to prove they could meet emissions standards without DEF. The emissions systems were problematic, and the fuel economy sucked.

I know, I had one.

I’d buy an earlier truck and get the last of the 5.9 common rail. Or buy a 6.7 a few years newer with DEF. Either of those will be more reliable and get better fuel economy.

Some will advise buying a truck with emissions deleted. That’s another whole can of worms.

PS get a VIN and a carfax before you get serious about any used vehicle.