2008 Ram 1500 Air Conditioning Fan issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Imncrxtc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys, the fan for the AC condenser unit stays on permanently.
Any ideas on what i should look for?

thank you

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bad relay did the same thing on my daughters XJ years ago . I just swapped it with another in the PDC to see if the fan stopped and it did .

lw13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
Bad relay did the same thing on my daughters XJ years ago . I just swapped it with another in the PDC to see if the fan stopped and it did .

Exactly. Same thing happened to my 06 ram

Loup_Garou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am also having an AC issue in my 08 Ram with weak airflow through vents and I am also wondering if it may be a resistor issue when Un plugging this connection I only have high-speed and lose the first three lower speeds could a bad resistor slow the RPMs on its highest speed and could this be my reason for a weak airflow ?

IMG_1437.JPG

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l

Which relay is it? I think mine finally went out completely after the fan staying on then having intermittent power to the fan.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
should be marked in the PDC under the hood with the rest of the relays

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
should be marked in the PDC under the hood with the rest of the relays

So I took some pics of my fuse box schematic. Still not sure which relay to replace. Looking for the one that controls the fan/blower.

Any recommendations?
8836e30814b5924b6f63deccb04cde06.jpg

138acef6efff8405f05a9ce0c38ead0c.jpg

68160eed12c080b5e012ee5556d5176b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
#12 is most likely the one . I have not looked at mine to see . I know my last Ram had a mechanical and electric and I think now we only have one and its electric..

Edit My mistake I was thinking it was the cooling fan you had issues with... sorry about that
CHECK # 36

Last edited:

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am also having an AC issue in my 08 Ram with weak airflow through vents and I am also wondering if it may be a resistor issue when Un plugging this connection I only have high-speed and lose the first three lower speeds could a bad resistor slow the RPMs on its highest speed and could this be my reason for a weak airflow ?

View attachment 131942
when the resister goes bad or removed it is a direct connection and usually have high only. I have lost #2 speed once on my Rubicon and it was still the resister. Weak air flow can also be your recirculate door. If its like my 03 was the door that switches from outside air to recirculate broke off and it just about closed off the air intake . That one you could remove the glove box and see it . Not sure on the Gen 4's

Last edited:

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys, the fan for the AC condenser unit stays on permanently.
Any ideas on what i should look for?

thank you
That could be a relay . I was in a hurry and got answers all mixed up for you guys . If yours are like the above pic try #12

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
#12 is most likely the one . I have not looked at mine to see . I know my last Ram had a mechanical and electric and I think now we only have one and its electric..

Edit My mistake I was thinking it was the cooling fan you had issues with... sorry about that
CHECK # 36

Fixed my problem - it was the ignition switch. My write up can be seen here:
[SOLVED] Help with air conditioning problem
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...air-conditioning-problem.122868/&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi

View attachment 131942

weak airflow on my 05 was the recirc door broke. pretty easy to change took about an hour.