2008 with 254,000 miles.. What should be looked at?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Hey everyone,

Specs: 2008 5.7 automatic 4 door.

I've owned my Ram for almost 4 years as the second owner. It had 130,000 miles on it and now has 254,000.
The only major repair/replacement I've performed was a new tranny and torque converter recently when it had 240,000 miles.

The engine still fires right up and performs pretty darn well for its age/mileage. Aside from the standard oil changes, R&R on the tranny fluid/filter, R&R oil on the rear dif, brake pads/rotors, R&R coolant, brake oil, power steering oil, is there anything else that I should be looking at to kee her going smoothly down the road?
I typically drive 35,000 miles a year and I tow and enclosed trailer quite often during the year. There is NO rust anywhere (California truck) and I'm **** about keeping it clean and looking for any oil spots or any unusual noises/sounds.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Sandro%20Ram%201500%20w_trailer_zpsylbcyf33.jpg

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Good for you! Way to take care of a truck. I hope to get 200K+ miles on my truck.

OP
OP
FullForceRam

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Thank you gents, I appreciate the kind words. As you know it only gets harder the older the vehicle. I know at some point the engine will need an overhaul or be replaced. In your opinion, are there any other areas aside from the standard wear and tear items like wheel bearings, hubs, driveline, timing chains, that I should be looking more particularly than others?

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like your doing everything.

Sit back and wait for a code and go from there.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
I’d say you’re doing everything the right way.
Sounds like your doing everything.

Sit back and wait for a code and go from there.
I agree, whatever you are doing is working, keep doing it.

OP
OP
FullForceRam

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Thanks. I'll keep doing what I've been doing and hopefully get many more years of service from it.