2009 1500 4.7 - Shifting Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nicholas Garcia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I have a 2009 ram 1500 4.7 V8. Truck was running great before I replaced the motor. Since I have replaced the motor, my transmission seems to be shifting fine from 1 to 2nd but staying in 2nd gear until I either go past 65 mph or slightly gas the pedal in which it will kick to 3rd in high rpms or put the truck in neutral while driving then it will shift. After I get in 3rd it shifts fine through 3rd 4th and 5th. Since then I have replaced the whole transmission hoping that would fix my problem. Unfortunately the problem is still happening. I have NO check engine lights in my truck and everything seems to be fine. Also when attempting to manually shift, it will allow me to do 1 & 2 then it will also get stuck itself. I just can’t stand the way it’s shifting because it’s not smooth and jerks. Does anyone have an idea of what I need to do, I’m maybe thinking it’s a part on the new/used motor but I’m not sure since there are no codes being thrown. Please help!

Last edited: