2009 1500 tire pressure sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NicksGarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a 2009 Ram 1500 4x4 and I bought a set of 2017 Rebel wheels to put on it. I'm keeping my original wheels and tires and the new wheels and tires had the TPMS sensors removed. My truck has the sensors that have the caps that screw on to hold them on the wheels. The 2017 wheels have the type like regular valve stems that pull through the rims. Three of the valve stems are still in the wheels but the sensors were removed from them.

When looking for new sensors I see both types shown for a 2009. When I look up the OEM part number I come up with 68406531AA.

Rock Auto shows a lot of different sensors in both 315 Mhz and 433 Mhz.

They also show ones that are OE Replacement (Programmed), Aftermarket/Multi-Application (Programmed), and Premium (Programmed + Clone Capable).

It's all very confusing. Last time I bought TPMS sensors was for my 2006 Town & Country and there was just one type available.

Any help would be appreciated but only for 2009 as it seems to be one year only on this truck.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Nicksgarage
Call Discount Tire down here in El Cajon

I think that they will tell you that you need the

315 Mhz for the 2009 Ram