2009-2011 Steering Wheel Interchange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NicksGarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
On my 2009 1500, the steering wheel is a mess. I bought a replacement one and it turned out to be brown instead of gray. Started looking for another and decided I'd try to get a leather wrapped one instead of the rubber wheel but the listings are confusing and most of them don't show 2009 being the same as 2010-2011. But they look like the same design.

Mine has the EVIC controls. Are all the wheels with the cutouts for the EVIC controls interchangeable? I've searched all the threads in the 4th gen forum and couldn't get a clear answer.

steering_wheel.jpg

steering_wheel_brown.jpg

OctaneMatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The controls should be fit any wheel from 09 - 12. In 13+ the EVIC controls were changed and the controls do not fit the same cutout as the the 09-12 years.

What you have pictured will work.

I managed to get me hands on a factory fresh leather sport wheel a few years back and made the swap. Everything was plug and play.

OP
OP
NicksGarage

NicksGarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The controls should be fit any wheel from 09 - 12. In 13+ the EVIC controls were changed and the controls do not fit the same cutout as the the 09-12 years.

What you have pictured will work.

I managed to get me hands on a factory fresh leather sport wheel a few years back and made the swap. Everything was plug and play.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. As long as it has the early EVIC switch openings it should fit. A leather wheel would be best since the rubber wheel doesn't feel that great in the hand.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is on my list of things to find tomorrow at the swap meet. So 09-12 work.

mskembo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always taken my worn out steering wheels to an upholstery and trim shop and had them do it. I've done it on a couple of cars that needed the leather refreshed and one that didn't come with a leather wrapped steering wheel.

OP
OP
NicksGarage

NicksGarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I ended up finding a leather wheel at a good price and installed it last week as well as the new clockspring. All went well except the blockoff plate for the adjustable pedals I don't have broke and won't stay in.

001.jpg

002.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

20210506_181721.jpg