2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Alignment Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

209RAM1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for reading my post. I'm having issues with my 09 Ram 1500 4x4 alignment, I've taken it to several different alignment shops but nobody is able to correctly align my truck. The truck has a hard pull to my right while driving and it's not due to my tires. I actually just recently purchased 4 new tires last month and also took it to an alignment shop in town the same day to get my wheels running straight. The only thing I have on my truck is a 2 inch spacer on top of my shocks to level the front up. I don't have any other lift components installed and everything else is OEM stock. I'm considering removing the 2" inch spacer just to see if this makes a difference but I wanted some advice or opinions from the group. Here is a picture of my alignment bolts, as you can see the drivers side is maxed out and the passenger one is pointing the other direction. Truck has a hard pull to my right while driving both freeway and streets. I don't have a printout of the alignment to show you. :(

Thanks.
Dodge Ram 1500 Alignment Bolts_2009.JPG

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your tire pressures, do you have a brake caliper sticking? You need a print out of the alignment, I would question if they did an alignment without it.

OP
OP

209RAM1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Forgot to mention that my front PSI are set at 40 PSI and my rear tires at 35 PSI. Both front tires move freely with out any caliper sticking. I might just take it again to a different alignment shop but was wondering if by looking at the alignment bolts can someone tell me what's going on? Should they be both pointing the same directions?

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
take it to west swab tiers have them check the tier it ! check self spin different speeds cuz at different speeds they found out one of mine from another place tier was very bad replace the front's end of problems or you could just put the rears up front and see if it goes away ok ! the other shop look at it say well u buy a cheep tier really !

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for reading my post. I'm having issues with my 09 Ram 1500 4x4 alignment, I've taken it to several different alignment shops but nobody is able to correctly align my truck. The truck has a hard pull to my right while driving and it's not due to my tires. I actually just recently purchased 4 new tires last month and also took it to an alignment shop in town the same day to get my wheels running straight. The only thing I have on my truck is a 2 inch spacer on top of my shocks to level the front up. I don't have any other lift components installed and everything else is OEM stock. I'm considering removing the 2" inch spacer just to see if this makes a difference but I wanted some advice or opinions from the group. Here is a picture of my alignment bolts, as you can see the drivers side is maxed out and the passenger one is pointing the other direction. Truck has a hard pull to my right while driving both freeway and streets. I don't have a printout of the alignment to show you. :(

Thanks.
View attachment 481552
Make sure they have the correct specs for your truck.
I’ve had a shops enter the wrong vehicle specs multiple times.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had pucks on the front of my truck for a while. Soon thereafter, my front shocks started leaking. Then, I replaced the front shocks with Bilsteins.

I never had any sort of front end issues on my 2011,ever. Except for the leaking shocks, for which I take responsibility.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Make sure they have the correct specs for your truck.
I’ve had a shops enter the wrong vehicle specs multiple times.
Was that human error on the entry or physical wrong specs for your vehicle?

That's gotta be a royal pain in the ass, for sure.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
100% human error.
1. Could not find a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 in the computer. Used 2009 specs. Because of the name change that happened in 2010, computer has a 2012 listed under Ram 1500, not Dodge Ram 1500.
That was a problem with multiple alignment shops. They’d align it to the older truck specs OR they’d tell me it’s not in the computer. I had one tech actually take me in the back and show me it’s not in the computer. That’s when I figured out what was going on.
2. Alignment print out showed it was aligned to 2011 2500 2x4 specs.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
100% human error.
1. Could not find a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 in the computer. Used 2009 specs. Because of the name change that happened in 2010, computer has a 2012 listed under Ram 1500, not Dodge Ram 1500.
That was a problem with multiple alignment shops. They’d align it to the older truck specs OR they’d tell me it’s not in the computer. I had one tech actually take me in the back and show me it’s not in the computer. That’s when I figured out what was going on.
2. Alignment print out showed it was aligned to 2011 2500 2x4 specs.
thats terrible! and I bet they wanted you to pay for that too right! was it even driveable after?