2009 hemi passenger cv replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrasherAsher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had the pleasure of having to replace my CV axel on my passenger side. it started off easy enough, take off the tire, pop the upper ball joint and tie rod. the wheel side CV slipped right out. Then I got to the inner CV joint and learned how frustrating compression clips can be. I beat that CV joint with everything i could muster, I pulled to the point that if the whole truck moved I wouldn't be surprised. And after 6 hours of swing my hammer and cursing the name of the car gods I did what i should have done from the beginning. i just replaced the inner stub shaft. 2 little bolts (I think they were 12mm) and a little prying of the seal, out came the stub shaft with CV joint attached. now you will have to buy a new seal i found one at my local parts store no problem same for the stub shaft. when i re-installed the stub shaft just for added measure I put a little liquid gasket on the seal where the bolts go. take your time putting the seal on do not rush it takes a bit to get it seated. once you get the stub shaft and seal on then you will have the fun task of getting the new CV axel over that compression clip. the way I did it was i got my Dad to push CV axel into the stub shaft compressing the boot as much as he can. then i put the old axel nut on the end of the threads. then started just wailing on it with a 4lb sledge and after, I lost count, it went over the C clip and snapped into place. from there it was easy enough to reassemble the pieces. moral of the story if you have to replace your CV axel, do yourself a favor and just replace the inner stub shaft.22101 (1).jpeg

BadDog777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Where did you get the replacement from for the stub shaft. Same issue right side passenger shaft needs to be replaced but cant find the intermediate shaft anywhere for right handed

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rock Auto has them. they are dirt cheap/

OP
OP
CrasherAsher

CrasherAsher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Where did you get the replacement from for the stub shaft. Same issue right side passenger shaft needs to be replaced but cant find the intermediate shaft anywhere for right hand
I got mine at my local O'Riellys

VictoryLapMB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did my drivers side in my driveway before winter. The intermediate shaft was stuck in the cv axle too. As much as I didn't wanna spend more money. I didn't want fight to get it out and just bought a new one too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel