2009 Ram Laramie With ATC Has Fan Delay With A/C On...Any Help Out There???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troy Wildeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi I have a 2009 Ram 1500 Laramie with automatic temperature control. The A/C blows when you first start the vehicle then it is delayed for a period of time just like it is working on the heat delay in the winter with engine temperature but when the engine is warm and you restart it there is a delay for a period of time again then the fan speeds up. It always blows a little cold are but it take like 5 minutes before the fan speeds up. Anyone have any Ideas. I have had it to the dealer and reflashed software for the HVAC system. They also calibrated the doors and let me know that the recirculation door was stuck on recirculate whis is not a problem for me but that should not cause my A/C delay.

brcallicott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I'm having this same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

zippity_z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey there, did either of you get this figured out? I just noticed this happening over the past few days: the cold air will blow for a few seconds, then blow really low regardless of the fan setting. After 4-5 mins the blower will fully kick in. Some posts say this is a normal thing as the various computers are controlling which systems get priority when it's hot out, but I don't recall this happening before. Other have suggested the relay, which I'll replace once I find one. But I'm skeptical that's the culprit because this delay only happens on start-up; after that, the fan blows consistently.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
If it only does not at start up it could be because the grid heater is coming, the grid heater pulls a lot of power and in turn it lowers fan speed, best way to check is to look at volt meter on dash at start up, if voltage drops the grid is coming on, if not its something else..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963