2010 Ram Tuner and MDS question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65GMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2010 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 quad cab. Fixing to have to do the cam and lifter replacement. Thinking of going mds delete but wanting to stay with stock mopar type cam non mds but I think my year is VVT. Part number that's works for my application along with the correct non mds lifters would be nice. The push rods I currently have in my truck should work? Also looking at a tuner that permanently shuts off the mds and ups the speed cut off a bit. 25 miles evey day on a two lane road. Pass when and much as you can type thing. Also looking for a tuner that will do the speed limiter and mds off and remain so with the ability to remove the tuner from the vehicle. I have no desire to have a permanent electronic device hooked up to my truck. Just something else to give problems. Will a super chips tuner meet my goals and if so which one would i need. Thanks. Also looking for the oil pump part number. Figured its probably trash after all the metal from cam and lifter has been ran through it.

Killface3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
You are probably going to have to have the pcm unlocked if it's a 2015 in order to tune it. I would go with HP Tuners or Diablsport. I have a diablsport intune3. It does not have to stay attached to the truck. I bought a specific grind cam from a guy who designs and sells them plus he tunes it. He has been a wealth of knowledge about what you should and should not do to these trucks. I don't know if he's taking anymore customers. I believe he's getting ready to retire but you can look him up on Facebook. Jay Greene. Greene Racing. He can do all the things you said you wanted. I would definitely delete the mds.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HP Tuners , Flying Ryan , HellCat lifters

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2010 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 quad cab. Fixing to have to do the cam and lifter replacement. Thinking of going mds delete but wanting to stay with stock mopar type cam non mds but I think my year is VVT. Part number that's works for my application along with the correct non mds lifters would be nice. The push rods I currently have in my truck should work? Also looking at a tuner that permanently shuts off the mds and ups the speed cut off a bit. 25 miles evey day on a two lane road. Pass when and much as you can type thing. Also looking for a tuner that will do the speed limiter and mds off and remain so with the ability to remove the tuner from the vehicle. I have no desire to have a permanent electronic device hooked up to my truck. Just something else to give problems. Will a super chips tuner meet my goals and if so which one would i need. Thanks. Also looking for the oil pump part number. Figured its probably trash after all the metal from cam and lifter has been ran through it.

The proper way to delete the MDS is pull the MDS solenoids and replace them with Ma Mopars MDS plugs.You can look them up on Summit / Amazon etc. or get them from your local dealer.They were in the earlier 2500's with the 5.7 or in a manual transmission 5.7 Challenger.

Amazon.com: KMT Non-MDS Hemi Expansion Plug/Hemi Block Plug/Solenoid Block-Off Plugs Replacement for Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Hemi 53032221AA (4 PCS): Automotive

Amazon.com: Mopar 5303 2221AA, Engine Expansion Plug: Automotive