2010 RAM Windshield Washer Nozzle Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SND2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
One of my windshield washer nozzles stopped working. Investigation revealed that the hose under the hood was off because the nozzle connection broke off of the nozzle because the plastic was brittle. After 11 years I suppose that's normal. After opening the hood I had to remove the under hood insulation. Its held up by 7 plastic clips and you will need something like a trim removal tool to get them off. All of these will break as well due to age. So, here is what you need to order to complete the job.
1) UNENDA 30PCS Hood Insulation Retainers (30pk + removal tool -> Amazon $7.99)
2) AMFRNE Windshield Washer Wiper Nozzle, ADJUSTABLE, Mist spray type (2 PK -> Amazon $13.99)

The dealer of course wanted $40 ea for the factory replacements. No Thank you.
The procedure:
1) open hood, remove underhood insulation clips and insulation, set this aside.
2) Disconnect the rubber hose fittings from both left and right nozzles.
3) Use a heavy duty set of needle nose pliers and squeeze the tabs (front to back) on the old nozzles while pushing up. They should
pop out through the hood. You might as well replace them both while you are at it.
4) Make sure there is no debris in the tubing. In my case the plastic broke off in the tubing and I had to squeeze the rubber "T" and "El" with pliers to crush the brittle plastic and fish out the pieces with a drill bit by hand. Blow out the tubing with air. then prior to final assembly, pump washer fluid through it to make sure its cleaned out.
5) Use the gaskets supplied with the new washer nozzles and pop them in from the top of the hood. They should click in place.
6) Hook up the washer tubing being careful not to break off the underside of the new washer nozzles. Test them to insure they are working properly.
7) Replace the underhood insulation with a new set of clips. Now shut the hood.
8) Test your new washers again, note they have brass spray nozzles and they are ADJUSTABLE up, down, left right and you can change the angle of the spray as well. Adjust as necessary to get the best spray coverage.
It took me about an hour, start to finish, including putting the tools away.

Attachments

• hood_insulation_clips.jpg
    hood_insulation_clips.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 5
  • washer_nozzle.jpg
    washer_nozzle.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, great write up. Neither of mine work now and I suspect there's debris in the nozzles. This looks much easier that trying to clean them out.

Huntzmax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do the nozzles spray over the windshield or onto the glass? I've read a lot of reviews on Amazon that some spray way over into the top and some spray on the hood and the bottom of the glass.

BudsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Sweet. My driver's side nozzle just stopped working and the passenger side nozzle can't even get the fluid on the windshield....time to do some R&R!
Appreciate the write up!