2011 1500 Front Stabilizer Bar Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Pratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for options to replace front stabilizer bar (4wd). Long story short on the driver side where the sway bar link mounts to the bar it cracked in half.

Finding an aftermarket front stabilizer bar (fsb) without going to the dealer is proving to have virtually no options. Just wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions on aftermarket fsb or maybe other stabilizer options? I just feel that for even a few extra bucks I could get something much better than a $300-$400 oem Feb.

Mods:

4in front 3in rear suspension lift
Zone Upper and Lower Control Arms
Adjustable Bilsteins
2.5" Wheel Custom Spacers (changed bolt pattern to Jeep)
20" XD Crank Rims
35x12.50 Falken AT3
2.5" Body Lift

(Upcoming Hellaphant Swap- Its good to dream)

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hellwig site says the 7708 fits 2009-2010 1500, and 2011-2018 1500
But it also says 2wd, Is there a difference between the 2wd and 4wd front sway bar mounting points?

OP
OP
Robert Pratt

Robert Pratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The mounting points to the crossmember are the same. The difference is how far back it comes . I actually went to a pick and pull and pulled one off of a donor truck that was the same year, make, and model as mine. Odd thing was that stabilizer bar (SB) was almost double the weight of mine and actually extended about 3 to 4 inches past where the links would mount to the lower control arm. Which I would naturally think "okay so apparently I need the larger 140in WB SB" , but my trucks wheel base is the 140in WB.

Looking in the OEM parts catalogs the part number for my old SB doesn't exist. I cant even find it trying to cross reference it. I did a google search on my old SB and had one result pop up where a salvage yard had catalogged the parts from a donor and it was the same make and model as mine. They also had a 2012 1500 that used the same part number.

I'm just praying that there is some bone head error I'm making that is just going to smack me in the face. But I'm running down the possibilities and drawing nothing.

I have ran into another scenario with it before where after doing some research online I found some Chrysler Dodge America documentation that broke the 2011 Rams 1500s into three slightly different builds of early year, mid year, and then final production where they were trying to fix some of the design issues with this Gen.

But for the life of me I hope one of you guys can call me an idiot for just having a blonde moment.

OP
OP
Robert Pratt

Robert Pratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did look at Hellwig and OEM options for 2010 and 2012 just for Shi*s and giggles but they don't match.

Not going To lie Ive been a Ford guy my whole life until I test drove my Ram and loved it. I used to turn wrenches at a Ford dealership before joining the Army. But my Ram has been the biggest PIA to work on. (Component Rust, the is it standard or metric game, etc)