2011 3500 wheel bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Avas truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2011 3500 6.7 and while changing to winter tires noticed some play right front wheel. Seems to be wheel bearing just looking to see should I use the mopar one,? Go aftermarket? Any tips? Read something about a socket snap on makes cuts Time in half? With it? Thank you

JeepTony

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7HO
The socket you are probably talking about is to push out the wheel bearing if it is seized into the knuckle but you can do the same thing with a socket slightly bigger than the bolt head and an extension like 6" and you just back all 4 bolts out about a half inch and then you put the socket and extension over one of the bolts and against somewhere on the axle then start the truck and use the power steering to push the wheel bearing loose. Hopefully that makes sense I'm sure there are videos if not and you can also use the same idea and method on a rotor that doesnt want to come off. Works great though. Other than that I would recommend a quality bearing like a Timken or factory otherwise they seem to wear quick which brings me to anti seize use some incase you have to pull the wheel bearing off again later down the road. Also a good time to check front axle Ujoints and replace if needed, I recommend Spicer joints. Big axle nut is 1-11/16". I think that covers it all.

Jawsopter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
Installed these on my 2011 3500. Fit perfect and the abs cable is included.

These videos help.