2011 6.7 Fuel filter replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stsgtcrb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 2500HD
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I had the 15,000 mile service performed at the dealership this week and while it was there I told them to replace the fuel filter. They charged me $149.00 parts and labor to do it!
Is this something the average DIY'er can do?
Has anyone else done this themselves, and is it difficult?
Secondly, if you do it yourself, do you buy the filter element from the dealer, a parts store, or online?
Any input would be appreciated,
Charlie

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Fuelfilters are $40 give or take depending on what you get
You can get them from autoparts store but get a quality filter like Baldwin or fleetgaurd

It's a bit tougher on 6.7s to get to but not hard, your best bed would be how-to videos on YouTube

Keep It Cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins ISB 6.7 L
I have the 2010, 6.7 and changing the fuel filter is a 15 minute job for my first time. Attach a small diameter hose from the housing outlet and direct it into an empty gallon jug. From above open the bleeder valve using a phillips screw driver and allow to drain. Using the appropriate socket unscrew the cap on top and remove the old filter and O-ring. Tidy things up a bit, insert the new cartridge, O-ring and screw on the cap (check for proper torque). Screw in or close the drain valve. Turn the ignition to on 3 times (check your owners manual for this step) and your ready to run. Check for leaks and DON'T over tighten the plastic cap.
Good Luck!!

Crowell392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just recently purchased a 2011 Ram 2500 Laramie has anyone got a source for the front fuel filter and part number

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk