2011 PW Power Wagon Value Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks in advance for any opinions shared. I am trying to work out a purchase on a 2011 PW with some Big Horn looking trim. It is very clean inside with like new upholstery. Outside has been cut and buffed up to shine outside with no glaring defects. Looks much newer than most 2011s. The book values seem irrelevant when it comes to PW's as they are special interest vehicles so this is where I am stumped.
It has just had:
Engine replaced Non OEM Long Block.
New Smart or Final Drive Module,
rebuilt rear diff,
new fuel pump.
New Mud tires of cheap brand
Other work that does not add value but done to chase error lights.

CarFax shows:
Trans at 167k with not of exhaust refurb.
Hubs and Rotors front 175k
Accident with minor damage but roof damage from "Over Turned." stupid car fax description. No cab replacement and cant see any problems. Fenders, hood are original.

Includes AUL warranty for next 20 months for power train only
Engine includes 3 year warranty 32 months
Aamco trans work probably expired and not transferable.

Runs and drives fine.
Odometer at 198k with car fax evidence of this thing seeing long trips all over the country.
Clean title
White exterior. No decals

So what would you as a buyer honestly pay for unimproved 200k PW?
What value do you feel the refurbishment items add?

BigTxPowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Honestly sounds like shes lived a hard life. I'd rather spend more and find one in better condition, but if I had to make an arbitrary offer it would be <$10,000.

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree, less than 10k! Have reputable body/frame shop check frame for straightness! Have 4 wheel alignment done...will also give clues to front end damage and frame straightness!

Has any of the electrical been spliced/hacked?

Overturned/rolled is scary!

Again, less than 10k with expectation of costly repairs...does it equal bluebook when “done”?

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have any pictures? Could be worth a buy at the right price. What do you want to do with it? If you want to do 200 mile highway trips maybe look else where so you dont have to worry about the striaghtness of the frame and so on. If you are using it as a work truck or to **** around in and go off road maybe its worth it.

OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply. I wish I could pop for a newer one. I just wonder how far it goes in PW community that this engine, diff, smart module, and trans are new, fresh and warrantied. The receipt for the warranty is $2500 and transferable to the next owner.
10K doesn't buy a 4th gen 2500 around here.
Have any pictures? Could be worth a buy at the right price. What do you want to do with it? If you want to do 200 mile highway trips maybe look else where so you dont have to worry about the striaghtness of the frame and so on. If you are using it as a work truck or to **** around in and go off road maybe its worth it.
I live off a dirt road with snow and ice in winter. I want to throw a four wheel camper on it and do some weekend, off main path camping. I have seen a couple people say less than 10k? I would like to know where these PW for 10 to 15k are cuz I am buying. Around here 10k only buys the vowels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree, less than 10k! Have reputable body/frame shop check frame for straightness! Have 4 wheel alignment done...will also give clues to front end damage and frame straightness!

Again, less than 10k with expectation of costly repairs...does it equal bluebook when “done”?
Local dealer replaced the wiring harness and noted many broken connectors all over. Took smart module to fix lights blinking at the locker selector. TIPM was also replaced. Service department remarked that it otherwise appeared to be newer than 2011.
Thanks for the feed back.

OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks for the response. The overturn is in the history on carfax. Was repaired and also described as a minor repair. Don't know how it can be a minor repair if it rolled. I am guessing it was not a roll. I can see it is original cab with no sign of where the repair was done. Truck is excellent condition appearance wise.

OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How this value added thinking?
new motor add $2500 (receipt show cost to install was $5500)
Fresh Tranny add $1500
Fresh Rear End $500
Power train warranty $1500 (Cost was $2500)
New tires $600
Excellent appearance Condition $1500
refurbished modules and wiring $1000
$9100 total in possible added value
$16000 in receipts going back to trans replacement
kbb for good condition dealer price $17500. Private party $14500 typical PW
Minus ? for mark on CarFax Minor damage but Overturned remark
Minus ? high mileage but refurbed major mechanical
I would never pay $24k but I think the $10k doesn't reflect market but understandably some PW enthusiast become particular and just walk.
I checked Car Sales . Coms and I don't see anything under 20 for 4th gen PW.
Maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Suggest also checking for Power Wagon availability in a further locations versus settling for one low price choice in your area. Even though it was a 300 mile, 5 hour drive one way over the Wasatch Range from here to Salt Lake City, Utah, it was worth the drive and back in the purchase of my used Power Wagon. The price was quite a bit lower than anything around on the Western slope of Colorado. A good 4x4 in the Rocky Mountains, just like your area in Idaho, go for a premium price due to it's just basic required equipment.

Last edited:

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How this value added thinking?
new motor add $2500 (receipt show cost to install was $5500)
Fresh Tranny add $1500
Fresh Rear End $500
Power train warranty $1500 (Cost was $2500)
New tires $600
Excellent appearance Condition $1500
refurbished modules and wiring $1000
$9100 total in possible added value
$16000 in receipts going back to trans replacement
kbb for good condition dealer price $17500. Private party $14500 typical PW
Minus ? for mark on CarFax Minor damage but Overturned remark
Minus ? high mileage but refurbed major mechanical
I would never pay $24k but I think the $10k doesn't reflect market but understandably some PW enthusiast become particular and just walk.
I checked Car Sales . Coms and I don't see anything under 20 for 4th gen PW.
Maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

I’m looking right now and it seems a good condition 2011 with mid 100k miles has a market list price around $15k. Where are you looking? Also where are you located?
Seems like texas has more than a handful that would meet your critieria for around $15k

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Sounds like your defending the truck more the listening. Why not buy it if it makes you happy and use the forum for any bumps or brags you have occur. Me personally I wouldn't buy it. The roof could of been damaged by hail, hit an over hang etc.

If you purchase welcome to the club. Enjoy the hell out of the truck and use it like its ment to be used.

OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like your defending the truck more the listening. Why not buy it if it makes you happy and use the forum for any bumps or brags you have occur. Me personally I wouldn't buy it. The roof could of been damaged by hail, hit an over hang etc.

If you purchase welcome to the club. Enjoy the hell out of the truck and use it like its ment to be used.
Seems like the consensus is I'm looking in an expensive market and the refurbishment done doesn't make up for the short comings. I am passing for now and will expand my search area. Thanks for the post.

OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m looking right now and it seems a good condition 2011 with mid 100k miles has a market list price around $15k. Where are you looking? Also where are you located?
Seems like texas has more than a handful that would meet your critieria for around $15k
I'm North Idaho. TEXAS would travel costs would ad 2k at least to my cost. Another member mentioned Utah which is outside my original 500 mile area. The new engine is less of a factor then the flop noted on car fax. I'll increase my budget an search area and be patient.

OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Latest info is truck is back in service for engine light related to cat and evap error codes! Half Full me says what else can go wrong after this. Members here say run or pay way less than my local market demands. I am Half Empty now and keeping an eye on this one and will keep looking for a better truck.

Last edited:

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Latest info is truck is back in service for engine light related to cat and evap error codes! Half Full me says what else can go wrong after this. Members here say run or pay way less than my local market demands. I am Half Empty now and keeping an eye on this one and will keep looking for a better truck.
Think that’s a smart move. Hate to buy a truck and be in the shop more than on the road. Good luck with your search.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So look nation wide. Shipping a car cost approx $1 a mile, maybe able to snag a deal. This would help with your over all budget maybe even private party. Pay for an independent company to look at it? Get a better truck for a better price, just some pain in the rear