2011 PW Power Wagon Value Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 2016 2500 Tradesman of which the article I posted the link to states as having a choice of the Power Wagon package without any of the glitter. It's probably was more expensive than the off road package at the time, but it didn't come with any of the side panel decals of the Power Wagon and probably lacks some other nice features, and so it was cheaper. Nice to have options. There's some great 4x4 features with the selection of the off road package due to I have some similar options on my old 1998 Chevrolet K1500 Cheyenne. It also was a cheaper model versus the Silverado Z71 of the time. Wind up windows and a stick are pretty basic. I have a real need though for locking differentials due to some heavy snow covering solid ice on the steep grade of my private dirt road during the winter. My K1500 would begin to slip (shutter and skip) attempting get some traction up the grade on ice even in 4x4 Low. I've actually have made it to the top, only to slide down some 200 yards backwards out of control to the creek. With snow chains on it always made it. The Power Wagon has these same issues in 4 Low, but when I switch on the lockers, there's traction once they are both locked in.

I cant remember exactly the price, but when I was ordering my ‘16 I think the power wagon package was somewhere around a $7000 add on. Didnt really matter if it was a laramie or a tradesman. I got the laramie for the interior, but really wanted the tradesman exterior. Unfortunately that was not an option. Haven't de-chromed mine yet because after a few years it is starting to wear on me a bit.

OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 2016 2500 Tradesman of which the article I posted the link to states as having a choice of the Power Wagon package without any of the glitter. It's probably was more expensive than the off road package at the time, but it didn't come with any of the side panel decals of the Power Wagon and probably lacks some other nice features, and so it was cheaper. Nice to have options.

There's some great 4x4 features with the selection of the off road package due to I have some similar options on my old 1998 Chevrolet K1500 Cheyenne. It also was a cheaper model versus the Silverado Z71 of the time. Wind up windows, cheap squeaky speakers, cheapest bench seat springs which still to this day dig into my back, and a stick are pretty basic.

I have a real need though for locking differentials due to some heavy snow covering solid ice on the steep grade of my private dirt road during the winter. My K1500 would begin to slip (shutter and skip) attempting get some traction up the grade on ice even in 4x4 Low. I've actually have made it to the top, only to slide down some 50 yards backwards out of control to the creek. With snow chains on it always made it. The Power Wagon has these same issues in 4 Low, but when I switch on the lockers, there's traction once they are both locked in.
I live 1000 ft above my town in the woods. We have had 3 ft+ of snow in 4 days with more coming. I sure could use a power wagon but I haven't gotten stuck. The stock AT type tires do surprisingly good on the slippery stuff. Just don't stop moving. I am keeping my eyes open for a PW that is a good deal. F---n Bucket list now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A bit vintage of an article, but the general definition of a 2500 off road package is stated here....

https://www.equipmentworld.com/with...d-package-you-dont-really-need-a-power-wagon/

You don't really need a Power Wagon, but we do.
I NEED one so bad.
Today 3rd (at least) foot of snow in last 4 days. Go down drive way. 40' Pine Tree across it. So000 heavy. Brain says..."What was that thingy upfront on PW?" Took 4 days since purchase that I needed a winch. Used the tractor to snap through it. My "4x4Offroad sticker" did the rest. I am loving my manual diesel. Patiently waiting for the right PW to pop up.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I NEED one so bad.
Today 3rd (at least) foot of snow in last 4 days. Go down drive way. 40' Pine Tree across it. So000 heavy. Brain says..."What was that thingy upfront on PW?" Took 4 days since purchase that I needed a winch. Used the tractor to snap through it. My "4x4Offroad sticker" did the rest. I am loving my manual diesel. Patiently waiting for the right PW to pop up.
I enjoyed driving my son's 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie 4x4 manual diesel for 2 weeks through Oregon last December with the same body style as my 2016 Power Wagon. A nice truck sitting on 285 75R18 Toyo tires. Enjoy your last of the manual transmission full size pickups.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I enjoyed driving my son's 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie 4x4 manual diesel for 2 weeks through Oregon last December with the same body style as my 2016 Power Wagon, but there's something that I quickly noticed as compared with my older V8 gasoline powered with manual transmission full size 4x4 pickup. No matter how much of a heavy throttle I gave that diesel while taking off from a stop and no matter how fast I shifted right at the red line, it really didn't get itself moving much faster until it was shifted into 3rd gear. 1st and 2nd gears seemed slow to accelerate out of. Lots of torque even while running on 35" Toyo tires with 3.42-1 axle ratio once it got into 3rd though. The full torque of his Cummins is restricted with the manual transmission due to it would destroy/rip apart the factory clutch. Too bad. Removing those restrictions and replacing the clutch with a dual disc would probably make his Ram 2500 perform much faster from a stop.

Keeps me Chill.

OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welllllll. The Ram was brought buy my office today. Gonna test it out again. Winter Weather happening so I will drive home and give it another trial. The new diesel definitely changes thing. Kinda crazy but it's back in play.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Can't beat the Power Wagon standard front and rear lockers and winch. They are a necessity within the mountain snow country.
All came into play today in getting a late model Ram 1500 commercial delivery van successfully over two elevated dirt road creek crossings that it had slid off of.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't beat the Power Wagon standard front and rear lockers and winch. They are a necessity within the mountain snow country.
All came into play today in getting a late model Ram 1500 commercial delivery van successfully over two elevated dirt road creek crossings that it had slid off of.

Yes the subject Power Wagon. "Wrecked" and then repaired. The Car Fax showing minor damage to roof area on a "Overturned" incident. I drove home in blizzard conditions, twice because my wife forgot the dog at the office, and it did great.

Used the Lockers to get up the 500 foot sloppy, soft pack snow covered driveway with some effort. Wife made it up in the FJ before me no problem. The heavier truck would have gotten stuck without the lockers, I believe. Second time I went up in 4 high with a path blazed from previous 3 passes. The new Diesel may have made it but one wrong move and its slide off into ditch time.

Definitely PWW. (Power Wagon Weather)

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Lol well good luck keep us updated I hope it works out and they give you a good deal

OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The wrecked power wagon?
The Same Subject PW. I did learn here from the article that Tradesman PW and Power Wagons are different. The article about the Stickers I paid for on the diesel illuminated the difference. Makes sense that PWs are born differently. This one appears to be the Power Wagon model. Very nice inside and out. Tested the lockers and working now. Has the premium cloth and a lot ofoptions.
034.jpg

OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol well good luck keep us updated I hope it works out and they give you a good deal
I'm way lower in my mind what I am willing to pay after advice here. Plus I just bought the other truck and have to sell or trade one my other vehicles. I have a 100 miles to try it out.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm way lower in my mind what I am willing to pay after advice here. Plus I just bought the other truck and have to sell or trade one my other vehicles. I have a 100 miles to try it out.

Thats awesome. 100 miles sounds like fun! Have you been enjoying it?

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just a thought, what about adding front and rear lockers and a winch to the diesel. Not exactly the same but will get you closer for less

OP
OP
Scott Colbert

Scott Colbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats awesome. 100 miles sounds like fun! Have you been enjoying it?
Dang it. I love it. It is like a nice girl with great looks but she used to be a "Dancer". Don't know exactly what to do with it but will drive it a bit more for sure.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score

I had the same situation 2 days ago with with my Power Wagon attached to a Jeep and sliding while winching out a Ram 1500 van as the last part of this video shows. Both tow vehicles had the lockers engaged. They gave up even though there was a tree being utilized to winch with a snatch block from. Since there was also a tree some 30 feet behind my truck, I was lucky to be able to anchor off that with a tow strap and a tree strap attached to the rear receiver shackle bracket. Only then was I able to winch the van back onto the center of the snow/ice covered dirt road.

Last edited:

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Problem solved look up purple cranium diff protection. Dethloff skid plates, and 35s once installed you have a diesel version of the pw without the soft springs,maybe not as much articulation but will get the job done

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Problem solved look up purple cranium diff protection. Dethloff skid plates, and 35s once installed you have a diesel version of the pw without the soft springs,maybe not as much articulation but will get the job done
The problem with the diesel is that big ass low hanging oil pan and the overall weight of it. I have a cclb with the 5.7 and at some point wanna add a front locker. I guess the diesel would work good depending on how and where you go. I’d dang sure put a skid plate on that pan.