2011 ram 1500 Hemi Fuel Pump/Sender Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2011 ram 1500 Hemi 208k miles truck has been running great no engine light until yesterday. I had to put it into 4x4low when I was done went to put it back to 2wd. I start move only to realize it never came outa 4 truck was acting weird put dial back to 4 then 2wd all is good. A few hours later I go to leave 2s up the road engine light comes on for fuel sender says circuit high or some crap will get exact code tomorrow. My fuel gauge still appears to be accurate truck runs fine I reset the code but it keeps coming back also the fuel pump is only 2 years old any suggestions? I would expect the fuel reading to be wrong if it was bad also weird that it happened right after the 4x4 issue.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Get the code and come back. At least you were lucky enough to get a code.

When my TIPM died. I didnt get ****. Just started up a lil rough for a few days prior. Then boom. Nothing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Codes went away after i 100% filled it up also cleaned battery terminals when i get to 1/2 tank if it comes back il get the code hope it was just the terminals ground was kind of skanky.

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
p0463 engine light came back on.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
p0463 engine light came back on.

Is your gas gauge working correctly? this is more than likely going to be the fuel level sensor going bad. Bad part is, it is a part of the fuel sending unit. Which means you have to drop the tank, remove the fuel basket, and replace the whole thing.

It isnt difficult to do. i did it on my back within a couple of hours. Still not awesome news i know.

it could also be a short in the system, or bad groud.

I would say the level sensor is bad though. Those things are so delicate it is amazing they last as long as they do.

If you do end up replacing the fuel basket. Just make sure you are EXTREMELY careful installing the new unit. Do NOT, under any circumstance knock that sensor on the tank, or anywhere else lol.

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Appears to be prty accurate thats why im suprised it Just sucks fuel pump is only barely 2 years old I also find it bs now in days i have to replace the whole fuel pump assy mopar one is $300... I went aftermarket last time. I see some people replacing just the level unit on youtube but have not been able to find one.

On a side note any way to bypass the whole auto start not working when my engine light is on its annoying as fk.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Appears to be prty accurate thats why im suprised it Just sucks fuel pump is only barely 2 years old I also find it bs now in days i have to replace the whole fuel pump assy mopar one is $300... I went aftermarket last time. I see some people replacing just the level unit on youtube but have not been able to find one.

On a side note any way to bypass the whole auto start not working when my engine light is on its annoying as fk.

Yea it does suck, and i know how that feels. Especially when the fuel pump is RIGHT THERE! why do i have to replace the entire thing? lol. I also went with an aftermarket fuel pump assy. Never did me wrong until i sold my truck.

Sorry, i am of no help on the Auto start. Dont have it. And dont ever want it! lololol