2011 Ram 1500 SLT light switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

franknsled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My new stereo needs a wire to the park light control to dim the screen at night. How do I get to the switch? It's hard to get to. How do I remove the front bezel and vent cover to get at it from the front? Or is there a better way to wire it?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If in not mistaken, that's a very old school way of doing it. I believe those things are commands sent over the CANBUS now. Typically, radios pair with adapters to interpret those signals correctly instead of running additional wires.

OP
OP
F

franknsled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are correct. But this is a Soundstream VR651-B and it doesn't have the capability to receive data from the computer. There are 2 pink wires labelled headlight and dimmer. I was told by the seller to connect the headlight wire to the park light circuit. Thought it would be easier to get to the headlight switch(probably wrong) then to get a wire out thru the firewall(can't hardly see the firewall) .

OP
OP
F

franknsled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So finally got the switch out(those bezels are tight!). Which wire do I tap into for the park lights? Or should I just go to the fuse box under the hood?