2011 Ram 2500 AlfaOBD Key Fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rustypie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I6 CUmmins 6.7
I am going to attempt to use Alfa to program some new key fobs for my 2011 Ram TCD. It already has RKE from factory. I've watched and read alot about the process, I used pin puller to get my pin. I was going to go through the process with one of my existing fobs just to verify the process becaue I've seen it will simply say Fobik already learned.

I put the existing fob in the ingition, set it to Run position (motor not running) and in Alfa, went to program new fob, typed in the pin and hit start. It said process started. Then all my dash lights light up and went off, acting like the computer reset and on Alfa, it said process failed.

In alfa, under Select Control Unit, for the 2011 year, there's 2 entries: WCM non-PowerNet Var. 1 and WCM non-PowerNet Var. 2. Both option connected to my RFhub but the process fails as described above when I attempt the program procedure.

Can anyone chime in with any expirience theyve had with fob programming on a 2011? I was not expecting all the lights on the dash to flash, I was just expecting it to say Keyfob already learned.

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
hello, did you get this to work? I programmed a key for a buddy's 2012 1500. went through the same thing.. the wait time was a bit longer than doing my 2018 after I hit start and then I got the keyfob learned screen. However, I failed to noticed that the fob I got was not for his year.. so while the fob worked to start the car, it would not work for remote power lock/unlock.