2011 ram 3500 4x4 6.7 automatic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trooper632

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011, 2015, 2020
Engine
Hello, The issue I am haviing is my 4wd is trying to engauge at different speeds, I notice this at low speeds because when turning sharp the front wheels are grabbing as the steering wheel rocks back and forth. Doesnt do it all the time just sometimes no ryme or reason. The 4wd light never comes on while this is happening. So i unhooked the electroni plug to the 4wd actuator on the transfer case thinking it would help but still does it whenever it feels loke it. There is also a loud clunking noise seems to be coming from the transfer case when under a load like pulling a trailer so i just let of the accelerator a little and it goes away. I had the transfer case chain and gears replaced about 15,000 miles ago because of the clunking noise. So im at a loss on what to do. The truck has about 315,000 miles thanks for any help

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
The noise during a very hard sharp turn L/R (steering wheel at max turn) when in 4x4 mode sounds like it could be the front axel joints binding as for it going into 4x4 mode on its own I no clue, I've always had manual **** 4x4.