2012 1500 2wd lift inquiry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi I was recommended to come here from the 4th Gen Lift forums.

I am looking for a lift for my 2012 Ram 1500 Refular Cab 2wd 5.7 Hemi.

I want something around a 3.5-4.5” front lift with a 2.5-3.5” lift in the rear. Most kits I am coming across (CST, MaxTrac, RC, etc.) all have front knuckle lifts, with rear shocks and coils. I want new shocks and coils for the front aswell but all kits including front shocks and coils are for 6” or 8” lifts and I don’t want that.

So here is a breakdown of what I want.

Front:
New Shocks
New Coils
3.5” - 4.5” Lift (lift knuckles are fine)

Rear:
New Shocks
New Coils
2.5”-3.5” Lift

I understand that most front lifts will be the new larger knuckle, I just want to replace the shocks and coils at the same time and I don’t know what shocks or coils are compatible with lift kits.

I am willing to buy a kit like the MaxTrac 4.5”/3” w/ MaxTrac Shocks kit if you also can pair a set of new shocks + coils for the front that are fully compatible with this kit.

Let me know what you got for me. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would recommend the Maxtrac 4.5" lift kit. The front of that kit would use the stock coils and shocks so you can go with a replacement shock like a Bilstein 5100 but I dont really have any 2wd coils to offer other than going with the maxtrax level kit that comes with coils and shocks. This is a very riding setup
https://maxtracsuspension.com/serie...|year=2012||submodel=TRADESMAN, V8, 5.7L, GAS

Ok so if I purchase the 4.5” lift kit, I can pretty much order any “stock replacement” shocks and coils and they will work with the lift kit?

You suggest I get the Bilstein 5100’s and the MaxTrac level coils?

Do you sell any of these kits or the Bilsteins? I’d like to give you my business since you’re helping me.

Feel free to PM me prices, or links to purchase on your site. Thanks.

Oh one more question, with the MaxTrac 4.5” lift kit, and bilsteins 5100 and MaxTrac level coils in the front, can I run the stock 20” wheels with stock sized tires until I save up for some new wheels and tires? Or would running the stocks be a bad idea with this setup? It would only be for 1-2 months.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Ok so if I purchase the 4.5” lift kit, I can pretty much order any “stock replacement” shocks and coils and they will work with the lift kit?

Do you sell any of these kits or the Bilsteins? I’d like to give you my business since you’re helping me.

Oh one more question, with the MaxTrac 4.5” lift kit, and bilsteins 5100 and MaxTrac level coils in the front, can I run the stock 20” wheels with stock sized tires until I save up for some new wheels and tires? Or would running the stocks be a bad idea with this setup? It would only be for 1-2 months.

Yes you can still use the stocks... and i would get fox shocks instead of bilsteins .... i have the 7" with 37s and the fox shocks all from Maxtrac and it rides better than stock

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

i will send you a quote via PM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gimmeegimmmee