2012 5.7 80k misfire suspect cam lifter need advice tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jason clifford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys I got a 2012 1500 with 80k miles on it .
Been getting a cylinder 2 miss fire but it doesn't drive bad although it's getting worse .
Ive tried swapping coils plugs even injectors and the misfire stayed on num 2 . I've done compression and leak down test and all was fine. I also have just seen an oil sensor code trouble code.
In a day or so I'll pull the valve cover and roll the engine over and have a look the the rocker arm movement .

My guess is that I have a cam lifter issue. I don't know any other way to prove that unless I pull the heads?
I guess I'm here looking for tips from other guys who have done this repair themselves ..
I'm fine with links to other threads with any info that could help me in diagnosing or repairing my issue.
I think I'm going with model muscle extremes MDS delete cam kit just parts look like $2k.

I guess I'll get a Diablo sport tuner to remove the MDS?

I've changed cracked heads on older ford 302 engines and stuff like that but never got this deep in to an engine before so any guidance will be helpful .

Thanks

Bighorn Dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like what I'm going through with my 2014 bighorn.... need non mds lifters and cam not just a Diablo...lots if good videos on YouTube to help youvaking the way.