2012 power wagon 6.4 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwdak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey there, name is Jake up in alaska. So I've got a 2012 power wagon. Unfortunately my 5.7 hemi rounded the cam off at 152k miles last year and I'm now in a place to either rebuild the motor or swap it. Have had huge issues finding donor motors or 6.4 hemis to swap it with until this week.

I found 2 6.4 hemis, both under 50k miles, and both out of scatpack chargers. I already have a shop that will gladly swap the motors out for a fair price. Just wanted to get some feedback if it would be better to rebuild what I have or do a swap? Both scatpacks are rated at 485 hp so I'm guessing tranny work would need yo be done soon after the swap? The shop I'm taking my truck to has the ability to tune and alter the pcm for the setup ad well just wanting some feedback as I just found these motors the past few days and want to jump on them with how hard it is to find hemis up here. Let alone 2 scatpack 6.4s with low miles and being sold for fair prices. By fair I mean both less than 3k.

Thank you

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the forum.

Post your question in the 4th generation section and you will get some help.

Red