2012 puddle lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARetterer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
So I just replaced both puddle lights on a 2012 ram 1500 to replace the broken and corroded ones that were on there when I recently bought the truck. I ordered new OEM puddle lights for both sides off of Amazon, and installed them. The driver side is bright as day, but the passenger side barely lights up on both the white courtesy lights and the turn signals. I ordered a replacement for the passenger side and installed the new one already, however the same problem persists. Not sure what the problem could be. Grounding issue maybe? If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Kinta77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same problem here , right side cortesy led works and sometimes the blinker , right left side nothing , just ambar stay on ....it sucks ... I read somewhere that some lamps have the same connector but inside they are not the same , they are inverted ,

Kinta77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just replaced both puddle lights on a 2012 ram 1500 to replace the broken and corroded ones that were on there when I recently bought the truck. I ordered new OEM puddle lights for both sides off of Amazon, and installed them. The driver side is bright as day, but the passenger side barely lights up on both the white courtesy lights and the turn signals. I ordered a replacement for the passenger side and installed the new one already, however the same problem persists. Not sure what the problem could be. Grounding issue maybe? If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.
In one of the lamps inside the connector are diferent, that means you need to check the wires ... lamps are exactly the same but inside connectors are inverted ....

Kinta77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just replaced both puddle lights on a 2012 ram 1500 to replace the broken and corroded ones that were on there when I recently bought the truck. I ordered new OEM puddle lights for both sides off of Amazon, and installed them. The driver side is bright as day, but the passenger side barely lights up on both the white courtesy lights and the turn signals. I ordered a replacement for the passenger side and installed the new one already, however the same problem persists. Not sure what the problem could be. Grounding issue maybe? If anyone has any insight it would be question:
I got sequential paddle Led's for my Ram 1500 , I pluged them in , but they don't blink the way they should , The only thing I did is replace the connectors ( old ones were rusted ) ... I have no idea whats going on ...
I posted a video ... any idea mate ?

Biker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
I gave up on mine. No more puddle lights or turn signals on the mirrors.